Thursday, April 5, 2012

What Lies Ahead

So after a full night of contemplation and wondering about the world my mind seemed to drift to one thing.  This was not about me, but rather a person I have grown to know as a friend.  He is shortly going to venture into a new chapter in his life to new challenges, new skill sets, and a whole new world... no pun intended...  After going where he has gone and seeing what can be, I feel like he is going to come back a totally changed individual.  In what ways I cannot say, but I feel as though he will more passionate in one way or another.  Of what I do not know, and by what degree I cannot say.  When I went to the place he is going I came back understanding myself better than I previously had, and also finding a new understanding and assurance of the people around me.  A new found confidence so to speak.  I guess it drifts to the fact that I am genuinely excited for this individual and wish I could see him off.   My only issue lies in that I am several states away, and will not get to see him off on the vast new chapter of his life.

It also got me thinking about my trip to Japan the coming months and that I still have to arrange lots of stuff to make sure it is all good to go when I arrive.  Moreover it made me think about what is going to happen this time and what fantastic and life changing things I will see or do this time.  After seeing last time that society can truly be as one and can move forward together as a single unit I was floored.  The animosity that I saw amongst them was nonexistent.  Everybody seemed to co-mingle and have no issue with helping anyone with anything.  Makes me wonder what would happen if the rest of the world could learn to do the same.  What could happen within society, and could we drift towards a true civilization with regard for our fellow person.  Anyways... What lies ahead in the next few months, past the trip, for me... for him... things that I will never know, but that I know will leave us both changed forever.  It leaves me thinking about the other individual going on the Japan trip with me as well.  The culture is something he knows, but how will the pure interaction change or for that matter will it change the person I know.  I am evermore eager to venture onward and to set my sights high for the future.  Not knowing what will come, but knowing that I will take it head on and give it the Onizuka effort.  If he stumbles upon this... I can just say... Good luck, be safe, but not too safe... Too safe and everything will pass you by.  Watch out for doors too... I hit my head on quite a few of them while I was there... It will wake you up in the morning, but not in a good way.

You know... Travis Rice once said,

"When it comes down to it - it's pretty simple:

Adventure is what you make it. Whether it's the travel, the discovery or just the feeling of letting go - the only way we'll ever find out is to get out there and do it!

Enjoy the ride!"

Great words...

So let go... See it all, and leave nothing untouched or unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment